5. Using the other 14 ¼” piece of lumber, attach to other end of 15 ¼” piece.
6. Attach the remaining 15 ¼” piece of lumber to the open ends of the square.
7. Making sure the curved top edge of the square pieces are now down on the table, place the luaun onto the top of the square. Because there is only one screw in each corner you may need to wiggle the square until it aligns with the cut piece of luaun.
8. Using your hammer and nails insert one nail at each corner and two on each side to attach the luaun to the frame.
9. Paint your frame and set aside to dry
10. Paint each quilt block desired color. Let dry. Arrange in whatever pattern you imagine! Put your finished product in our Hardware (CR)After Hours Facebook Group!
9. Insert 12” piece of wire through top of board “L” to form a loop. Wrap wire around itself to secure.
10. To make the bow, create two circles using the 18” brown piece of ribbon and the 15” red piece of ribbon. Use a little hot glue to keep the circles together.
11. Place the small circle on top of the large circle. Glue them together in the middle.
12.Take your shortest (4 inch) piece of ribbon and create a “tri-fold”.
13. Add the remaining 18” piece of brown burlap ribbon and the 18” piece of red ribbon to the bottom of the bow and make sure you have the same amount of ribbon on each side. Wrap the short piece around the whole shape of your bow and the tails. Add hot glue to keep it together.
14. Cut a triangle out of the bottoms of the “tails” if desired.
15. Slide the 4” piece of wire through the back of the bow and use it to attach the bow to the top of the wire loop.
16. Hang up your awesome new sign!
This cutie will warm up any corner of your home, no matter the weather! He's made from 2x4s glued together instead of more expensive 4x4 posts. Add your own touches, like holly on his hat or sticks arms, for a festive and easy craft!
14. Center 5 ½” 1x6 on top of 3 ½” white blocks, then press, remove, and press again to set adhesive.
15. Apply construction adhesive to bottom of black 3 ½” black blocks, staying 1 inch away from all edges.
16. Center 3 ½” black block on 5 ½” 1x6, then press, remove, and press again to set adhesive.
17. Draw small lines on carrot nose with permanent marker, if desired, to give creased look.
18. Apply thin bead of adhesive to “non-pointy” end of carrot nose, staying ½ inch away from end.
19. Press on top white block, remove, then reapply.
20. Apply VERY small amount of adhesive to back of stars.
21. Center on each of the bottom white blocks, press and hold for count of 20 for each star.
22. Tie fabric around bottom of 3 ½” white block as a scarf.
23. Draw snowman face on top white block using permanent marker.
*NOTE* Pick up snowman to move only from bottom block if necessary as construction adhesive will not be fully set for 24 hours
This simple sign is a easy and inexpensive Christmas craft perfect for gift giving or holiday decorating! Made from paint sticks, it is light enough to hang just about anywhere!
5. Add the last 10" pine board to the middle of the 21½" board using one of the mending plates.
6. Add the ledge made from the two 22" boards to the bottom of the frame. Make sure the back is flat and horizontal board is extending towards the front of the memo board.
7. Add chalkboard to back of frame. Secure with laminate nails.
8. Staple chicken wire to back of frame.
9. Nail picture hanger to center top of 21½" board.
Make a wonderful scarecrow decoration to welcome in fall, but there is a fun surprise — A snowman on the back to celebrate winter! Two crafts in one!